Monday, May 26, 2008

Picnic for Memorial Day

Well, I'm off to Agnes' to ride with her and Betty to the park. We are having our annual Memorial Day Picnic in the park. It's a nice time for us to get together and eat potato salad, loose meat sandwiches, baked beans, fried chicken, and have soda, and a watermelon. I did go visit my husband's grave and left him a nice bouquet of flowers early this morning. It was almost touching until I remembered what a Nazi he was at times.

Now back to the picnic. This year will be Maxine's first picnic with us (I got her back last June.) So I will have her leashed to the tree next to the shelter and she can chase butterflies.

Let's see...this year I have to bring the potato salad, so I made it the way my mother used to make it: with bacon, and sliced pickle. It really is delicious, don't knock it till you try it.

I have everything ready to go. Ok, Maxine, let's go meet the girls and head to the park!

Happy Memorial Day!

1 comment:

Chris Eldin said...

If you're bringing cheesecake and salad to the picnic, it's sure to be a hit!
:-)

A sassy, gassy, hip, old Braud from Kansas City cuts loose on the internet.