Thursday, October 30, 2008

Happy Birthday Blog!

Well here it is, one year ago today I joined the online community by launching my very own web page to come and write about my daily antics and musings. Gosh by golly I cannot believe it has been one full year! What a year we've had, kids! To celebrate, I have posted my very first entry below for you all to gawk at and remember when this 76 year old Braud decided to throw her inhibitions aside and come out on the internet to write her own blog!

Happy Birthday Blog! To celebrate, I have selected a new, sexier design for you all to enjoy!

Love you all,

Grandma.

Ok, now here's that first entry I did a year ago...

***
October 30, 2007

Heeeeere's Madge!

Well hi there. My name is Madge Sinclair, I'm a hip old braud who lives in Kansas City. I retired ten years ago after a life long lucrative career of raising four kids and living with an ill-tempered husband who ran me like a servant. (Actually I taught Art and Art History at my local community college for many years.)

But I survived it, folks. I am in my 70s, and I live each day with gratitude that my husband is dead and my kids grown and out of the house. For once I can do whatever the pork I want and no one will stop me, not now not ever! (Fortunately, my husband left me a nice sum, so look out kids, granny's loaded!) Oh! Ouch, yep, I'm loaded right now...excuse me...

4 comments:

Chris Eldin said...

Madge, Happy Blogiversary!!!

But, but, my eyes are deceiving me. Are you wearing pink for this occasion? I might start to think you're delicate...
;-)

Cheers, my dear!
:-)

Brooke said...

congrats on one year madge!

Madge G. Sinclair said...

Thank you my dears! And yes, I thought the pink would be a nice look, I am that sweet old lady...that is until you talk to me, or I cut one.

Lolosblog said...

Happy Anniversary (a day late & probably a $ short!)!!!

I love the pink! It is my favorite color.

A sassy, gassy, hip, old Braud from Kansas City cuts loose on the internet.