Sunday, September 28, 2008

Well it finally cooled down out there.

I don't know about the rest of you, but in Kansas City we've been having some humid weather despite that fact that autumn began last week. But I think the weather is finally realizing it is time for cooler weather. I have the kitchen windows open, and the breeze is refreshing.

I am currently enjoying a nice hot cup of decaffeinated Nescafe with a slice of cheesecake. It's been a Sunday with bad church music, bingo, and a free dinner from my crazy girlfriends. All and all, not a bad way to end the weekend.

Now tomorrow I need to be at the church at 8 so I can leave by noon to go do my fall shopping. Each year around this time, I like to go out and purchase fall scented candles, like pumpkin and apple pie. I also purchase those small gourds and pumpkins as well as multi-colored corn to create my fall arrangements for the living room. I have to tell you all, that aside from Halloween, autumn is my favorite time of year. Even though I can't stand Halloween, I still buy candy and pass it out, of course, with lots of pranks and mean tricks because those kids are so spoiled they never have to work for anything. Well granny always makes them work for that candy! Gee, maybe this is why I always end up with egg on my car and porch! And one year they toilet papered my front yard maple! Kids...go figure!

No comments:

A sassy, gassy, hip, old Braud from Kansas City cuts loose on the internet.