Wednesday, July 30, 2008

How many times do I have to tell them damn kids...

Well, today marks the tenth year since my husband died. Now before any of you start sending your condolences, keep in mind I open a bottle of champaign when that man died. After all those years of marriage, babies, and me cooking his meal night after night, that man only bought me a bouquet of carnations for our anniversary. He was so damn frugal that he insisted on buying me the same color of weeds year after year, and he always told the kids, "Pink carnations are your mom's favorite flowers." Yeah right!

So what do my damn kids do? They send me pink carnations on the anniversary of my husband's passing. Gah! Do I have to be reminded of all those years of labor that I never got rewarded for? That's ok, within the first week he died I bought myself a new car, a mink stoal (fake, I don't wear dead animal), oh and I bought a diamond ring too, not to mention I went to St. Louis for a week.

Now, what do I do about these blasted carnations...Anges! She's too old to tell the difference between carnations and roses! Hot damn, a repreive!

2 comments:

Chris Eldin said...

Hugs to you.

Are your children nearby, or scattered? Do you visit them? Do you have grandchildren? Sorry for all the questions. I can't wait for grandchildren. My younger son wants several wives and several kids. I guess we've been in Dubai too long.... heheh hehehe!
:-)

Madge G. Sinclair said...

Yes I have grandchildren, they are darling kids, but they are loud as hell so I only see them once in awhile.

A sassy, gassy, hip, old Braud from Kansas City cuts loose on the internet.