Tuesday, November 27, 2007

I just got an early Christmas present.

Well, Christmas is here early. My son James came over to give me an early present. I asked him why he couldn't wait till December 25th, but he insisted that this is something I should not go another day without, to which I replied, "Oh, you tackled Kevin Costner, stripped him naked and wrapped him up for me?" James said no. (Damn!) So here's how the opening of my present went...

Me: I can't work this damn thing!
James: Mom, where did you get that language? This isn't a thing, it's a cell phone.
Me: What the hell do I need a cell phone for? It's bad enough that Agnes rings my home phone off the hook only to tell me she had another hot flash.
James: Mom, you live all alone. If something happened to you here, or while you were out, I'd feel terrible if you couldn't call for help.
Me: I see your point, but I am not helpless. If I don't return Agnes or Betty's phone calls within 30 minutes they always send half the fire department down here to look for me.

3 comments:

Chris Eldin said...

Give it back and tell him to get you the iPhone.

:-)

But it sounds like you do need one. That's a nice gift.

Madge G. Sinclair said...

What the heck is an iphone?

Chris Eldin said...

hahahahaha!
It's a phone with a little screen.
You can send emails.
You can listen to songs.
You can watch Kevin Costner movies.

;-)

A sassy, gassy, hip, old Braud from Kansas City cuts loose on the internet.