Monday, January 5, 2009

New Year's Eve was fun.

I had Agnes, Betty, Claire, Judy, Ruby, and Stella over for our annual New Year's Eve bash. I had all my snacks and champagne ready to go and I tuned in to Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's Eve. I tell you, for a man twenty years my senior, he is handsome!

I brewed a large pot of coffee, which helped us old brauds to stay up till midnight and the snacks, card games and laughter continued well into the night. Agnes certainly did better than I thought she would. She only had two spells of brain farts. The first spell was when she thought we were celebrating Midnight Madness, and the second spell she thought Martha Stewart was a lesbian who did Broadway musicals. (Yes, children, old age can be very cruel).

We managed to make it till midnight, but soon after I brought out the inflatable mattresses and bedding and the gals stayed the night. At our age, we don't drive in the dark, mainly because we can't see well, but also because we're too afraid of being out and about late at night. So we stayed in and played gin rummy.

I knew we were all getting tired when we stopped playing for money and started playing for tubes of Preparation H. Hey, at our age, Preparation H is indeed a pot of gold!

1 comment:

Lolosblog said...

Sounds like a fun time was had by all!

A sassy, gassy, hip, old Braud from Kansas City cuts loose on the internet.