Monday, October 20, 2008

Talk about the Power of Prayer...!

So tonight I was on one of the longest phone calls I've ever had with Agnes. I finally had it, so I prayed softly, "Dear LORD please make Agnes shut up about the Young and the Restless, and I'll give up my steamy novels for a month in return!"

Sure enough, Agnes said, "Oh Madge, I need to go, I have a phone call coming in on the other line, it may be my daughter, I'll tell you about the rest of the story tomorrow over lunch!"

So how about that?! And I thought God was sick of hearing from me by now! So a deal's a deal, folks. No steamy novels till Thanksgiving, and tomorrow I'll be in roast beef heaven so Agnes can yap all she wants about that damn TV show.

I guess I finally got a win-win deal. It only took 76 years!

No comments:

A sassy, gassy, hip, old Braud from Kansas City cuts loose on the internet.